Follow my Blog on Bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, August 25, 2013

Seasons... Life is full of them.



 I wrote the following post on the God Journey Blog.  


I am thankful for seasons in my life and for the people and insights that are a part of those seasons. I am okay with my life being seasonal. Everything in my life is or has been seasonal. Everyone in my life, except Jesus, is or has been seasonal. Some seasons last more than others.


A lot of the disfunction in my life has come from the belief…
“This is the way I’m going to do it because this is the way it has always been done. Who am I to change or disagree.”
I am thankful for the journey I have been on and the roads I have travelled. I have met a lot of people and more often than not, they have been a blessing and a compliment to my life. Some I am still in relationship with, some have travelled a different road than the one I am on.
I am thankful for this time in my life and I am thankful for what the God Journey has contributed to it. I don’t feel alone on this road. There are others that pass by me and offer understanding. That is priceless. I have learned to love and to receive love from those who don’t understand and that makes the journey beautiful as well.

I am choosing not to see people as boxed in anymore. The labels are not helpful in my relationships. People just have different journeys. When I put boxes around another person, it keeps me from entering their life. I know that when I put a box around myself… I keeps others out. I don’t like that.
I do have an avenue in my writing to vent my theological frustrations… because they still surface. I figure if I can restrict my frustrations to my blog then they don’t become a battle weapon with my loved ones. Gentleness really is a fruit of the Holy Spirit. I am learning it… albiet slow, but I am learning.
Thank you to everyone who has been out there and encouraged me in this season of my life. We really are not alone.


Ruby from Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

No comments:

Post a Comment